BJS Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe is a heartwarming and easy-to-prepare soup recipe. It has a healthy twist on the classic lentil soup with the addition of leafy greens, celery, and onions.
The vegan bjs vegan lentil soup is vegetarian-friendly, substituting vegetable broth for meat or dairy-based broth. It is also gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, allergen-friendly, and vegan.
The soup is rich in fiber, protein, and vitamins like B-vitamins and Vitamin A. It is also a good source of Potassium and Iron.
Lentils are very high in protein for their size, Vegetables provide a lot of vitamins, so this makes an easy-to-prepare quick combination of both ingredients.
If you are lactose-free, you can use almond milk in its place. For those who are vegan, the lentil soup can be made with different vegetables, including carrots and bok choy.
How To Make A BJS Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe?
- 2 tbsp Olive oil.
- 1 Onion, finely chopped.
- 1 Carrot, peeled and diced.
- ½ Cup Green pepper, diced.
- 2 Celery stalks, finely chopped.
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped.
- 1 cup Lentils (Dried Split Green or Brown Lentils).
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth, prepared using vegetable stock cubes.
- 1 cup Broccoli, cut into florets.
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves, roughly chopped.
- 1 tsp Salt.
- Black Pepper, freshly ground to taste.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Put in the onion and garlic, and stir-fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add celery, carrots, bell pepper, and green beans. Stir well for about 1 minute.
3. Add the lentils and vegetable broth and stir well to combine. Please bring it to a boil (about 5 minutes).
4. Put in the broccoli and season lightly with salt. Stir well for about 1-2 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Take off the heat and put in the spinach leaves, and stir well to combine.
6. Serve hot with a side of brown rice or your favorite vegan bread to perform the soup. It is also great as an appetizer.
Nutrition Facts Of BJS Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe
Is This BJS Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe Good For Lunches?
Yes, it is a healthy and easy-to-prepare lunch-box recipe. It can also be served at dinner with a side salad or a drizzle of vegan parsley vinaigrette dressing.
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
Yes, this recipe is good for both lactating and pregnant women. It has a lot of healthy ingredients that boost the immune system of the mother and baby.
Is It Vegan-Friendly?
Yes, it is a vegan recipe since it does not include animal products or by-products. The main ingredients are lentils and veggies, vegan-friendly components for a delicious soup.
What If I Am Lactose Intolerant?
You can easily make this recipe with almond milk in its place. If you are nut-free, you can use coconut milk in its place.
Is BJS Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe Suitable For Allergic Patients?
Yes, this recipe is allergen-friendly as it is free from soy, gluten, and nut ingredients. It is also easy to make and certainly can be part of a healthy diet for kids.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
You can freeze this recipe as there are no perishable or frozen ingredients. Please keep it in an airtight container and defrost it before reheating. It is suitable for freezing for up to 1 month in the freezer.
How Can I Make It Low-Calorie?
You can prepare this soup with a combination of vegetables like carrots and bok choy instead of broccoli. It will still give you the same nutrients but with fewer calories.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The soup is rich in nutritional value, good for the body. You can have it as a meal or a snack, and it will always be a great way to get your daily dose of minerals and vitamins. You can also add other ingredients or substitutes to avoid food allergies for allergic patients.
Serving Ideas Of BJS Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe
1. Serve it in a bowl with a side of rice or your favorite vegan bread to perform the soup. It is also great as an appetizer.
2. You can store the leftovers in an airtight container and reheat them before serving them again.
3. You can use this soup to fill tacos and burritos for healthy alternatives to meat-filled tacos.
Amazing 10 Additional Tips For BJS Vegan Lentil Soup Recipe
1. Make sure to use the correct type of lentils. Try to use dried green or brown lentils instead of yellow or red lentils, which tend to get mushy after a while.
2. You can substitute the vegetable broth with chicken or beef broth.
3. Add a dash of hot sauce or chili powder for some heat in your soup.
4. Try to buy pre-chopped vegetables when preparing veggies for the soup.
5. You can also add some cubed bread cubes and avocado slices instead of bread or gluten-free bread.
6. The soup will be great with a drizzle of vegan parmesan cheese and a side of steamed broccoli on top.
7. You can also mix the soup with pasta or rice if you prefer that as a meal when reheating at home.
8. You can serve the soup as a starter for a vegan meal.
9. Use olive oil instead of vegetable stock for a heartier texture that is less likely to be watery.
10. If you do not like or cannot have beans, you can use soy-free vegetable or protein powder in its place up to half of the recipe ingredients with no effect on taste and nutritional value.
I hope you enjoyed this vegan lentil soup recipe. It is super easy and quick to make. I am sure you will enjoy having this delicious soup as a starter for any meal and a snack for lunch-boxes or weekdays-snacks.
Please do share this recipe with your friends and family on social media if it has been helpful for you. I would love to hear from you.
Please leave your comments below. I read and appreciate all the time you take to comment. Thank you for visiting my blog and reading my recipes.