The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe is a side dish that is simple and easy to prepare. It takes very little time to make and could be served on many occasions.
It serves as the main dish for lunch or dinner, or you could serve it as a side dish for your family meal or even at parties or get-togethers with friends.
You will be surprised how quickly it can be prepared and how delicious it tastes. The main ingredients of the green bean recipe are green beans and onion.
If you prefer to add some other vegetables or meat cuts, you can do so. In this case, the added flavor would be based on the vegetables or meat used.
However, I believe that adding any other ingredient is not necessary for this green bean recipe to taste great.
Bill miller green bean recipe is a quick and easy side dish perfect for any get-together. The recipe contains ingredients that most people will have on hand in their pantry.
How To Make A Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe?
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- 3 shallots, chopped.
- 1 medium tomato, diced.
- 2 cups fresh green beans (or frozen cut green beans).
- 2 tsp. Cider vinegar (optional).
- 2 tbsp. Butter or margarine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 2 tbsp. Cornstarch.
1. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add shallots and bell pepper; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato, green beans, and vinegar (if using) and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until green beans are tender-crisp but not mushy.
4. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the butter, salt, and pepper.
5. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth; stir into skillet mixture and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
6. Serve with any meat or vegetable dish as a side dish or on its own.
- Serve with slices of French bread.
- For best results, use fresh green beans.
- You can make this recipe into a diet or low-fat dish by using a butter substitute, such as margarine, instead of butter and omitting the oil.
- Also, if you choose to make the recipe with frozen green beans, let them thaw first before cooking them in a skillet.
- If you prefer to add some other vegetables or meat cuts, you can do so. In this case, the added flavor would be based on the vegetables or meat used.
- If you cannot find fresh green beans in your local grocery store, you can use frozen cut green beans.
- This green bean recipe is a quick and easy side dish perfect for any get-together. The recipe contains ingredients that most people will have on hand in their pantry.
Nutrition Fact Of Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe
|Saturated Fat||3.4 g|
What Should I Do If I Have An Allergic Reaction To The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe?
If your allergic reaction is due to the ingredients in this recipe, you can still consume it, but only after talking with your doctor.
It would be best if you told them what ingredients make you allergic and whether the food is from a reputable company or not.
Are Beans Healthy?
Beans are the best source of dietary fiber and protein. They are considered an excellent food to include in your diet. They can be added to soups, stews, salads, or canned and cooked with spices as a side dish.
Is The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe Suitable For A Gluten-Free Diet?
This recipe is not suitable for a gluten-free diet because it contains some gluten in some of its ingredients.
Should We Store This Food In The Refrigerator?
It would help if you stored this recipe in the fridge only when using fresh ingredients to make you want to eat them as soon as possible.
If you are using leftover ingredients stored in your fridge, it would be best to save them in the freezer instead. I do not have a fridge.
Amazing 9 Health Benefits Of Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe
1. High In Dietary Fiber
Fiber is a rough indigestible material made of complex carbohydrates. It helps control the flow of digestive fluids in the gut and prevents constipation.
2. High In Vitamin C
Provides antioxidant protection against oxidative damage to cell membranes; it prevents arteriosclerosis and promotes tighter skin, improves wound healing, and helps prevent cataracts.
3. Provides Natural Nutrients
It has some vitamins (such as B1, B2, thiamin, niacin, biotin, and pantothenic acid) and minerals (such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus) that are important for good health.
4. High In Isothiocyanates
The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe is also contains phytoestrogens that have estrogen-like properties. Phytoestrogens are plant compounds similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. They have been shown to help activate estrogen receptors and alleviate symptoms of menopause.
5. High In Protein
The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe provides the body with muscle-building amino acids.
6. High In Dietary Fiber
The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe includes green beans, which are an excellent source of dietary fiber. Dietary fiber helps to prevent constipation and can lower cholesterol levels.
7. High In Protein
Provides amino acids to the body, which helps the body to make new cells, thus repairing any damaged tissue.
8. High In Vitamins
The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe has some vitamins (such as B1, B2, thiamin, niacin, biotin, and pantothenic acid) that are important for good health.
9. High In Minerals
The Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe is also contains some minerals (such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus) important for good health.
This recipe is perfect for any get-together, and it is a healthy dish that is perfect for any party. The recipe contains ingredients that most people will have on hand in their pantry.
This recipe does not use any hard-to-find ingredients, and it can be cooked in about 10 minutes. So, if you are looking for a quick and easy dish that is healthy and nutritious, then the Bill Miller green bean recipe is perfect for you.
If you like it, then please share it with your friends and family. Thank you for visiting my profile & thank you for reading the post.