The Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay is a common British dish always present on the table of any family get-together.
It’s usually made with leftover beer, and many families have recipes. Entire bakeries are dedicated to producing it in various forms; there are bread rolls, beer biscuits, and even cakes.
You can even buy the crusty, beer-soaked bread slices in supermarkets. If you don’t have any leftover beers, try this lighter version of a classic recipe.
Beer is a traditional ingredient in British baking, and almost all recipes call for it. It gives “beer bread recipe Gordon Ramsay” unique flavor and texture.
However, most people prefer it to be not so sweet. As for the recipe, I’ve found that no matter what beer you use and how many times you double or triple it, the final result always comes out delicious. This is one of those recipes that my family likes to make all year long.
It’s great on rainy days when you can have a nice cup of hot tea together with butter and jam or cheese, perfect for festive gatherings, but also a quick snack for kids after school. Bake a loaf in the morning and keep it in the fridge for about a week!
How To Make Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay?
The beer bread recipe Gordon Ramsay is a British classic, as simple as versatile. It is made with beer and a special kind of yeast, and unlike other yeast bread, you have to prove the dough first. It’s great for feeding a whole family, or even for feeding two families!
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast.
- 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- 3 cups of flour.
- 1 Tbsp salt.
- 1¼ cup beer.
- 2 Tbsps brown sugar (optional).
1. Mix the yeast and sugar (if you want) in the water in a bowl. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, and then add to a large bowl.
2. Make a well in the middle of the flour and pour in the mixture from step 1. Mix well with a wooden spoon until all is combined.
3. Pour in the beer and mix with a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes until everything is evenly distributed over it.
4. Add the salt and mix for 1 more minute.
5. Transfer the dough to a clean, oiled bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Please put it in a warm place for about an hour, or until it has risen by about 50%.
6. Preheat the oven to 250°C (480°F).
7. Grease a loaf pan and pour the beer bread mixture from step 5 into it. Bake for around 1 hour until golden brown and crusty on top, but still soft inside.
8. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool inside the pan for about 10-15 minutes.
9. Take out the loaf, remove from the pan, slice and serve warm together with butter or jam, cheese, or bean sprouts.
1. If you want sweeter bread, use more brown sugar.
2. If you’re not using beer, you can also use water.
3. For even easier and faster preparation, you can use a prepared yeast for this recipe. Just make sure that it is instant yeast and work according to the instructions.
4. If you have leftovers, heat them in a saucepan and add some beer or water to the mix. You can also slice the bread and use it for sandwiches.
5. Instead of beer, you can use apple juice or orange juice, but try to avoid fruit juices with too much sugar in them, or you’ll get sweet bread.
Nutritional Information Of Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay
|Net Carbs||34 g|
Is It Good For Pregnant Women?
NO. This Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay is high in carbohydrates and should not be consumed by pregnant women. It can lead to early delivery or a low birth weight baby.
How Long Does It Last?
In a closed box or a linen bag, the beer bread recipe Gordon Ramsay should last for about 2-3 days. It can be frozen for up to 2 months. However, it can be refrigerated and eaten after 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
How Often Can I Eat?
You can have this bread for breakfast, as a snack, for lunch, or supper. Make sure to eat it within the first day of making it, as re-heating it can kill the taste.
Amazing 8 Serving Ideas Of Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay
1. Serve With Butter, Jam, Or Cheese
Simple, delicious, and you can have a quick, hearty snack that will satisfy you until dinner.
2. Good For Breakfast
Some people like to eat this bread warm or cold with some butter melting on top, making it even crunchier while the inside is nice and soft. This is a great way to start your day off right!
2. Serve With Bacon, Avocado, Or Greens
This bread goes well with any other ingredients you like. No matter what you pair it with, it will make your meal healthier and tastier.
3. Serve With A Salad As A Side Dish
This bread is delicious for people who follow a low-carb diet as it can replace most of the starchy ingredients. It goes well with cooked vegetables, leafy greens, or fruit salads.
4. Serve With Soup Or Stew
The perfect side dish for any meal served warm or cold. This bread is great for dinners with soup or stew.
5. Serve With Lemon-Pepper Chicken Soup
This bread is tasty and healthy, and great for your digestion. Since it contains a little gummy gluten, it is great for people with gluten intolerance. Don’t hesitate to have some as a part of your meal; you will never regret it!
6. Serve With Cheese And Avocado
Great to go with any meal. The combination of the chees and butter will give you all the taste you need in one piece of bread.
7. Serve With Vegetables And Hummus
If you want to add some flavor and freshness to the meal, add this Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay along with your favorite vegetables, beans, or olives.
8. Serve With Beans
This Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay goes great with any bean dish. It adds some crunchiness and an extra dose of vitamins to your meal.
This Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay is easy, healthy, and a great alternative to any other type of bread. It goes well with many different meals and foods, so don’t hesitate to give it a try.
If you have any questions, leave me a comment, and I will be more than happy to help! Thanks for reading this Beer Bread Recipe Gordon Ramsay.