Arthur Treacher Fish And Chips Recipe is a quick and easy dish that is a delicious meal for the whole family.
The Arthur Treacher fish and chips recipe is a dish that has been around for years. This recipe would be great to serve for any family get-together or party.
Frozen puff fish works well when preparing this dish. The fish can be fried, baked, or grilled. You can also prepare this dish in a slow cooker and let the fish simmer until done.
Be sure to remove the fish from the slow cooker after cooking to allow it to cool quickly. This Arthur Treacher fish and chips recipe would not be complete without a side of coleslaw.
How To Make An Arthur Treacher Fish And Chips Recipe?
The Arthur Treacher Fish And Chips Recipe is tasty but not the best way to cook fish and chips. The best way to cook fish and chips is to fry the fish before you make it with the potatoes. The method below will explain how you should achieve this.
It’s not as difficult as you think it is. You need to follow the steps listed in the recipe below, and before you know it, you’ll be serving up some delicious Arthur Treacher fish and chips recipes.
- 1/2 kilo fish of your choice (we used saltwater bream).
- 1 kg russet potatoes.
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1cm long sticks.
- 1 cup flour.
- Baking powder.
- 2 eggs, beaten or melted butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Vegetable oil for frying.
1. Wash the fish, pat dry, and cut into 4-5cm long strips. Place the strips in a plastic bag to waterproof them and chill for about 30 minutes. I used a brown paper bag which works just fine.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into large cubes, about 1 inch each. Please place them in a bowl, cover with water and add two tablespoons of baking powder. Leave to soak for 15 minutes.
3. Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat to 140-150 degrees C (the heat’s lower because the potatoes are going in next).
4. Drain the potatoes and dry well between layers of paper towels.
5. Heat a frying pan on high heat, add a few tablespoons of oil and fry the potato cubes in batches until they are golden brown (I did one layer at a time).
6. Fry the fish until golden brown, then drain and warm it in an oven around 10 degrees C.
7. Take some of the oil left in the pan after cooking the potato, put it back on high heat, and add a tablespoon of flour when it starts to smoke.
Stir constantly and add the rest of the flour, stirring all the time. If you want to get a brown color on your fish and chips recipe, you should allow the flour to brown before adding the milk.
8. When it’s nicely browned, add about 1/2 cup (or as desired) milk and mix well. Don’t put too much milk as you don’t want your Arthur Treacher fish and chips recipe to be too watery. Keep stirring until you have a nice thick gravy.
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Place the fish pieces on a plate and pour the sauce over them.
11. Add more seasonings like paprika or cayenne pepper to kick the taste further.
12. Garnish with some green onions if desired and serve immediately with chips (never buy frozen chips–they’re garbage).
6 Best Nutrition Fact Of Arthur Treacher Fish And Chips Recipe
Is It Healthy For Pregnant Women?
The nutritional value of this recipe is very high if you are pregnant. The fish and chips are high in fiber and lean protein. It’s also rich in Vitamin B12, which helps your baby grow and develop a healthy nervous system.
If you are breastfeeding, I would advise you not to eat these fish and chips before 12 months, or your baby may get too much Vitamin B12 which can cause the baby to be at risk for developing brain problems later on. This recipe is very healthy as long as you consume it responsibly.
Is It Good For Heart Patients?
The Arthur Treacher Fish And Chips Recipe is also very healthy for people with heart conditions. The fish, especially the white fish, is high in Omega 3 and lean protein. The potatoes are also rich in potassium and fiber.
The starchiness of the potatoes helps to regulate high blood pressure. This recipe is an excellent choice for people with heart conditions.
Is It Good For Diabetics?
All people, including diabetics, can eat fish and chips recipes. It’s very low in saturated fats. It’s also rich in protein, fiber, and vitamins.
It’s a good source of thiamine, niacin, Vitamin B6, and folate. It’s also a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, which can benefit your blood sugar and insulin levels.
The chips you eat with these fish are not healthy because they contain a lot of salt, but the fish is fine for people with diabetes.
Is It Good For The Elderly?
The Arthur Treacher Fish And Chips Recipe is also good to eat by people with high blood pressure. The fish and chips are high in low-fat protein, vitamin B12, and fiber. They are rich in folate, thiamine, niacin, and omega 3 fatty acids.
It’s also a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, which can improve depression, fatigue, and memory loss symptoms. It will also help to reduce your blood pressure greatly.
Is It Good For A Weight-Loss Diet?
These fish and chips are high in fiber and protein. If you consume them in moderation, they would be a great addition to your weight loss diet.
The chips you eat with this fish and chips recipe are not healthy because they contain a lot of salt, but the fish is very good for losing weight.
I hope you enjoy the Arthur Treacher fish and chips recipe. We would love to hear your comments and ratings on this recipe, so please leave them below.
Please share it with your friends and family. Thanks for reading the Arthur Treacher Fish And Chips Recipe.