Andhra mutton curry is one of the most popular dishes in Andhra Pradesh. It is a delicious dish made from tender mutton cubes that have been cooked in an onion and tomato masala which is then simmered in coconut milk.
Other commonly used ingredients include garlic, ginger, chili powder, coriander, and garam masala.
The tangy, spicy gravy turns the meat mixture into flavourful chunks of meatballs. Andhra mutton curry tastes best served with hot, fluffy rice.
How To Make An Andhra Mutton Curry?
The Andhra mutton curry recipe is very easy to make and can be made in under 20 minutes. Mutton curry recipe is a simple and delicious way to prepare mutton. To make the Andhra mutton, you will need some ingredients and a preparation method.
- 500gms boneless mutton(cut into small cubes).
- 2 medium-sized onions (finely sliced into rings).
- 1 large tomato (roughly chopped).
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped).
- 1/2 inch ginger piece (finely chopped).
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts(roasted & coarsely grounded into a paste with little water).
- Salt as per taste and coriander powder to garnish.
- 1 green chili (cut in half).
- 2 tbsp oil (preferably olive oil).
- 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder or Haldi.
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions till they turn pinkish brown.
2. Add freshly chopped garlic and ginger to it, saute till the raw smell goes away.
3. Finally, add the tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
4. Add the ground cashew nuts paste and mix it well with the mixture.
5. Now add the cubed mutton to mix it well and season with salt and turmeric powder.
6. Turn off the flame and reserve it for a few minutes before serving it with hot rice/chappathis/naan bread (as appropriate).
7. garnish with chopped coriander and green chili.
Nutrition Fact Of Andhra Mutton Curry
|Total Fat||49.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||18.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||17.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||7.5 g|
Is It Suitable For Children?
Not advisable for young kids because of groundnuts and small pieces of tomatoes. Other than that, it is a healthy and nutritious dish.
Is It Suitable For Heart Patients And Cholesterol Patients?
Yes, see the nutrition fact in the main content. Heart and cholesterol patients can have Andhra mutton curry as it is low in fat content.
Is It Suitable For Weight Watchers?
Yes, see the nutrition fact in the main content. Weight watchers can have Andhra mutton curry as it is low in saturated fat.
Is It Suitable For Lactose Intolerant People?
Yes, see the nutrition fact in the main content. Lactose intolerant people can have Andhra mutton curry as it has no lactose.
Is It Suitable For Diabetes?
Yes, see the nutrition fact in the main content. People with diabetes can have Andhra mutton curry as it is low in sugar content.
Amazing 10 Serving Suggestions Of Andhra Mutton Curry
Andhra mutton curry can be served spicy or nonspicy. It goes well with buttered plain naan bread or wheat roti, accompanied with hot and fluffy rice and dal.
1. Mutton Curry Spicy Hot Andhra Style
To make mutton curry spicy hot, add around 1 tsp of red chili powder 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder along with turmeric powder during preparation.
2. Mutton Curry Non-Spicy Andhra Style
Add very little red chili and black pepper powders and prepare the gravy nonspicy. The gravy has to be thick to balance the taste, but one can add more water to thicken it if required.
3. Mutton Curry With Garlic Bread
Cut the bread into thick slices, apply butter and garlic, and toast it on a Tawa till golden brown color. Serve the mutton curry as a starter before rice.
4. Mutton Curry With Plain Grilled Naan Bread
5 pm, after a long day of work, one can have mutton curry with plain grilled naan or tandoori roti (tikka + bhatura). The mutton curry is served with a dollop of butter on the naan.
6. Mutton Curry With Egg Fried Rice
Cubes of egg-fried rice topped with mutton curry are one of the best combinations for lunch or dinner. Prepared in 10 mins, this dish is loved by all.
7. Mutton Curry With Garlic Naan
Another simple yet delicious combo is garlic naan and mutton curry.
8. Mutton Curry With Red Chilli Cheese Paratha
Prepare the paratha dough and make it into small pooris. Add a little red chili powder and spread shredded cheese on top of it.
Sprinkle black pepper powder, roll it and fry it in the tandoor until golden brown. Serve it with hot mutton curry for a quick dinner recipe.
9. Mutton Curry With Butter Naan
Prepare the naan dough and make it into medium-sized pooris. Apply butter and garlic, toast it on a Tawa or grill until golden brown. Serve the mutton curry as an evening snack before dinner or lunch.
10. Mutton Curry With Pav Bhaji
Another best snack recipe when you are in a hurry. Prepared in about 10 mins, this dish is loved by all.
Andhra mutton curry is an easy and delicious recipe that can be made in under 20 mins. It is a tasty dish and very nutritious.
In addition, it is low in fat content, hence suitable for heart patients, cholesterol patients, and weight watchers. Hope you found this article interesting!
Enjoy it with your family and friends. Do tell us how you enjoyed it. Do share your feedback with us, and we will surely improve upon it for the readers.
You are free to post any questions and comments about the dish in the comment section below. Thank you for reading this article.