Alton brown smoked salmon recipe is one of the greatest dishes in food history. It is a delicacy served in many restaurants, but it’s also an easy recipe that can be done at home.
The ingredients needed to prepare this dish are simple, and the cooking process is likely not as complicated as you think.
One of the most significant aspects of this recipe is preparing your salmon fillet properly before adding the other ingredients.
This will ensure that your salmon doesn’t turn out tasteless or dry, guaranteeing that your entire meal will come off without too much hassle.
Several tips need to be taken into account to prepare this dish properly, and they will help you achieve the perfect taste.
The first is using a good quality salmon that is not too old, or it might taste a little fishy or bland. The second is that your salmon should be skinned using a special tool so that you can get rid of the small bones.
You’ll want to use an aluminum tool that allows you to skin the fillet without ruining the smooth surface of the salmon.
This will allow your salmon to absorb the flavor of the other ingredients, but it is also essential that your fillet is not dry or tasteless. Once you’ve cleaned and prepared the salmon fillet, you’re ready to cook it.
How To Make An Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe?
Once this dish is complete, you’ll have achieved the perfect combination of herbs and spices that will provide you with a dish that can be served at home or in a restaurant setting.
- Fresh salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 10 grams of salt
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seed (wholegrain)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon rind (finely sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of white wine.
1. Place your fish fillet in the dish and sprinkle it with salt. Gently press the salt on one surface so that the fish fillets can absorb it quickly and evenly. This will prevent an unpleasant dryness after steaming, resulting in a greasy salmon fillet.
2. Next, slice the lemon rind very finely and add it to your dish.
3. Scatter the parsley on the fish fillet and add the lemon slices and cracked black pepper. Now, add butter on top of what you’ve just prepared.
4. Finally, pour white wine into your dish. The liquid is not for steaming but for flavoring the fish with another layer of herbs.
1. Place the dish on a pot and bring it to a boil. It would help if you steamed your fish fillet at 80-90 degrees Celsius.
2. Once the cooking is complete, lower your heat to 80 degrees to prevent burning the salmon, and keep it warm while waiting for it to cool down.
3. After 10 minutes or longer, take your dish off the cooker and transfer it onto a serving platter or individual plates.
5. Serve your Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe and enjoy!
Nutrition Fact Of Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe
|Sat. Fat||3 g|
Is Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe Suitable For Pregnant Women?
This meal is suitable for pregnant women. The fish fillets are rich in protein, which is needed during pregnancy. The meal is low in fat and cholesterol, so it doesn’t present any risk to pregnant women.
Is Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe Good For Diabetics?
This meal is low in carbohydrates and high in protein, which helps control diabetes. However, if you have type 2 diabetes, you might want to avoid the dish because it contains lots of fat and cholesterol.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
It would help if you did not freeze the meal because it contains fresh lemon juice, likely to be spoiled by freezing.
Can I Use Another Kind Of Fish?
You can substitute the salmon fillet with any other type of white fish. However, your dish will not come out as tasty as if you used salmon.
Is This Recipe Gluten-Free?
This meal is gluten-free, so it doesn’t pose any gluten problems. However, it’s recommended that you read product labels as some products contain wheat flour.
Is This Recipe For Children?
This meal is not particularly suitable for children. The dish is high in fat and cholesterol, so it’s not recommended for children under 5.
Serving Ideas Of Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe
1. You can serve this dish as an appetizer or a starter.
2. It can be used as an accompaniment to your main dish of the day.
3. It can also be used as the main course if you are low on time and resources.
4. You can also use this meal in a lunch box for school or work.
5. You may use it as a snack or a light dinner.
Best 8 Health Benefits Of Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe
1. This meal is very high in protein. The protein can help by improving your immune system, which is especially important during pregnancy.
2. The fish contains omega-3 fatty acids that help lower the cholesterol in your diet.
3. It’s low in carbs and fat, so it’s a great meal to eat when trying to lose weight or reduce the number of calories you take in daily.
4. With so much protein content, you don’t have to worry about your bones. It helps strengthen the bones and reduce the risk of osteoporosis that can affect older men and women.
5. The meal is also low in carbohydrates and fat, so it’s a great meal if you have diabetes. It also helps lower the amount of sugar you take in daily without causing any problems with your blood sugar level.
6. The meal contains lots of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals so you can use it to recover from an injury.
7. The meal also contains calcium that helps repair bone damage caused by faulty bone growth or bone loss.
8. The meal is low in calories, so it’s a great choice for people who are trying to lose weight. The salmon fillet is also rich in protein, so it can be an ideal meal if you are looking to build muscles.
Is This Recipe Any Side Effects?
This meal may cause some side effects. The fish is rich in protein, which can be an issue if you take certain medications. These medications include anticoagulants (blood thinners) and blood pressure medication.
I hope you enjoy this Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe. In my opinion, this is one of the best-smoked salmon recipes ever created!
If you make any updates to this recipe, please benefit from and comment below. Thank you for reading this article about Alton Brown Smoked Salmon Recipe.